Friday, February 20, 2004

A little bit worrying
A few days ago Olivier came home to tell me that Jeremy, a boy from our village and in the same school as Olivier, was in hospital, in isolation. One of the boys in Olivier’s class had to go to be vaccinated because he sits by Jeremy in one of the group lessons. Anyway, we talked about the possibility of meningitis and forgot about it more or less.

Yesterday Olivier woke up with a temperature and his breathing was very noisy so I kept him home and called the doctor. He just has a touch of bronchitis and he’s to stay at home today too.

When Rob picked me up from work last night he told me that someone had brought a letter round from the college. The letter was to explain that there was a case of meningitis C and that there was no need to close the school or vaccinate everyone.

This morning I telephoned the school for a second time(which they don’t usually ask you to do after the first notification) and was asked questions about what was wrong with Olivier and had he seen a Doctor. Needless to say I am keeping a close eye on Olivier who seems to be full of beans at the moment!!

Jeremy is a really cute boy, so polite and from a lovely family, I’m sure he’ll be okay.

No comments: