Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Cartoon time
Dom was handed a cartoon by her English teacher. It's by Reiser. A woman is dashing around cleaning house, feeding baby, feeding husband, rushing to work, coming home, cooking, etc. etc. The punch line is when the passive husband yells from his armchair in front of theTV "If I ever catch you with another man, I'll kill you!" She says it reminds her of me. Great.
She was disappointed to find that I already know this cartoon and have used it myself. What better than house work to go though all of the tenses?
I did the washing up
I have done the washing up
I was doing the washing up
I am doing the washing up
I will do the washing up
and so on. It's always there, always has been and always will be. Of course, you might be lucky enough to have a dishwasher.

No comments: