Friday, January 20, 2012

Evacuation

I went shopping a week or so ago.  It was pretty busy in the supermarket when the alarm started.  A voice came over the loud speaker asking us to leave calmly and quietly.  The message was repeated in English too.  So we all walked to the exit calmly and quietly.  I found somewhere to leave my trolly/cart, that I would remember, but most people were still pushing their shopping towards the exit. 

After a few seconds everyone was coming back again.  Then there was an announcement to say that the alert was a computer error.  See how exciting life can be?

3 comments:

Dru Marland said...

good job the supermarket didn't capsize, all things considered

Anji said...

Dru: Yes, it would have been pretty messy.

Testing... Come and check us out ExposeYourBlog!

Jan said...

That is a lot more exciting than any of my shopping trips have been.