Friday, October 07, 2011

All about knees

I’ve just started reading ‘ A Farewell to Arms’ by Ernest Hemmingway. I ‘m really enjoying the book, just as I enjoyed 'For Whom the Bell Tolls'. The problem was the description of the knee injury, especially as I had my first injection of gel this morning (I also thought of you Don).

It went better than I thought it would. Firstly I didn’t have the three quarters of an hour wait that I had with the first appointment (though I wouldn’t have minded because I had the above mentioned book with me). The Doctor was very reassuring and said that it wouldn’t hurt much. He was right, it was more uncomfortable than anything and he was quite quick. I didn’t look at what he was doing, I just concentrated on my breathing. Those breathing exercises come in useful for all sorts of things! He just told me not to go on a long walk, or dancing today. Stairs were okay as long as I didn’t go up and down too often.

Tomorrow I can do what I like. As I write, my knee does feel a little strange and it feels ‘ loose’ as I walk. In ten days I’ll have the second injection.

7 comments:

Lucy Melford said...

Let's hope it has a long-lasting effect! Dodgy or painful knees are a curse.

Lucy

Anonymous said...

Ernest Hemmingway wrote the best books. Have you read The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck, that is such a good book. Hope your knee feels better.

Don said...

Made my knee hurt even more hearing ou get an injection!!

I hope it works well for you! I'm not one much for such procedures, but what works, works!

Great book by the by!

Don
http://exposeyourblog.com

sue said...

I've never actually managed to finish a book by Ernest Hemingway though I've started a few. But you've inspired me to give those books another go.

Unknown said...

I hope your knee will feel much better soon. Take care and my best wishes to you.

ladyguinevere28 said...

Hi Anji, visiting you on expose..

Anji said...

Lucy: So far so good. Second session tomorrow.

Connie: it's strange you should mention that book. Someone else told me I should read it recently.

Suz: They are worth finishing, but you will need a handkerchief.

Judy: Thank you, It just depends if the treatment works on my or not.

Ladyguinevere28:Thanks for stopping by and mentioning ExposeYourBlog!