Friday, November 16, 2007

Excitement in our street

The man across the road sometimes has a bonfire of cuttings from his garden. This week he chose a dry day without wind, perfect for the job. I saw the bonfire start to burn and wondered into another room. Olivier joked that I wouldn’t be much use if he set fire to himself. (he has a strange sense of humour at the moment)

A few minutes later I could see very bright flames indeed through the yellow glass of the front door. One of his tall trees had caught fire. It was very spectacular. Rob went out and asked if he should call the fire brigade, but the man didn’t seem too worried.

I now have the view of a giant stick of charcoal from the kitchen window.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfect for future BBQ's!

Wendy Ascham said...

The man's just like John G. A menace!

Anonymous said...

He didn't care about his tree? I would have been hysterical.

Phyllis said...

HAHAHA Go stick some marshmallows on the limbs!! He's lucky he didn't catch his or your house on fire.

Anji said...

John: I was thinking more for drawing...

Wendy: Thanks for visiting, and keeping John in his place!

Cas: I was surprised too, I love the view from my kitchen window

Phyllis: Both houses were well away from the fire but he could have lost a very good apple tree too.