Friday, November 18, 2011

Another weeks floats its way across the skies of life


Dom and JM came to stay for a few days last weekend as it was a holiday on the Friday too.  It was good to spend time with them and catch up with their news.  We even managed a walk in the sunshine and J-M mended a heater for us and cut most of the hedge.  Dom made her famous carrot cake.  J-M had never tasted it before, I don't understand how they managed that. While they were here, Dom received an email about a scientific paper she has submitted for publication.  It hasn't been accepted yet, but needs polishing up.  Can you imagine how pleased she was?  Can you imagine how proud I am?   Next stop Christmas!

It's still pretty mild here, we don't really need the heating on yet - despite J-M's repairs.  We've had sunshine almost all week.

This week I sent out a newsletter to ExposeYourBlog! members -  my first! I hope that if you're a member and you're reading this that you did read it.  Don has handled the newsletters up to now.  I didn't realise how difficult it is to find things to say....

Learnt a bit about how to be happy too.  Not a bad week all in all.

6 comments:

Véro B said...

Congratulations to Dom! I hope her paper gets accepted.

Anonymous said...

It is just turning cold here tonight. I wish it would snow. We got a couple of flakes of snow tonight, but not sticking.

Don said...

I don't have power on full time here yet, but I sure do on and off! It has been down to the mid to low 20s (F) here at night... BUUUURRRRRRRR

And thank you VERY much for helping with the newsletter!! I appreciate it VERY much!

Don
http://exposeyourblog.com

Unknown said...

Hi Anji,
I am glad that you have had a good time. Christmas is certainly fast approaching. We started hearing a lot of Christmas carols on the radio stations today. Take care and have a good week.
Judy

Kath Lockett said...

I like the link and it's given me something to think about as well - I have a lot to be happy about, even if it's just having another cup of coffee or ruffling the dog's ears. Nice work.

Anji said...

Véronique: She's almost finished the correction. It's going well.

Connie: Snow? I thought you lived somwhere with desert - I can't keep up with your moves;

Don: As I write we have the heating on low. Still not really cold.

Judy: You've reminded me that I must make some christmas lists....

Kath: "Ruffling the dog's ears", I think that that is the secret - the little pleasures