Monday, December 01, 2003

Left out in the dark, revisited
Elections will be coming up soon, so our friends who are homeless are part of the arguments. They can say what they like about them because they don't vote. A lot of them own dogs. I think If I lived alone on the street I would have the largest dog I could find. These dogs are frightening elderly people so they don't come to shop in the town centre. I don't think that this is true. If I was elderly and infirm I would avoid the town centre on wet days because the paving stones become like ice. The opposition also claim that these homeless people have lodgings. Is this why they sleep on the streets in the cold and rain? I had a friend that worked in a shelter and she told me that every night they have to turn people away. The type of person who will vote for this party are the types who've never had their world drop from under their feet, the type of person who is incapable of imagining the poverty and squalor that is not very far from their own door steps. Sorry about my rant. I feel a bit better now.

No comments: